Working from home, furlough, pay cuts, government guidelines, operational changes, increases in workload, role shifts, up-skilling, extra costs. And that’s not an exhaustive list. We’ve all had to digest and adapt to the way we’ve been individually affected.
Gym goers might have different expectations and interests now. Gyms should think strategically about how the pandemic is affecting their members and how they can help. Most health clubs need to adjust their sales pitch and build their marketing strategy around how to address these specific expectations, challenges, and worries while keeping costs low.
Whilst these are turbulent times, there are lots of positives. There’s a growing potential for the fitness sector as the spotlight begins to shine on it. The increased appreciation for exercise during lockdown presents opportunities for growth to take place. Hussle can act as a new marketing channel for gyms. One that’s completely risk-free.
Therefore, after analysing the feedback gathered from some of our gym partners, we decided to implement some changes in order to keep up with the post-lockdown challenges:
- Through our redemption process, we can support with contact tracing. As each Hussle code is redeemed, not only will that ensure you are paid accordingly, it also provides an audit trail of which customers visited when.
- Every Hussle customer signs a health declaration when they sign up. If you have any specific COVID questions, we can tailor your PAR-Q to add those in. Where necessary, gyms can ask Hussle customers to complete and sign their own Health Assessment.
- If you operate a booking system, we can add a notification on your Hussle page which specifies customers have to call/email ahead to check availability and book. That is how some of our clubs are operating if they have a booking system and is working well
- We can amend the operating hours to accommodate peak/non-peak hours (if they still exist)
- If some facilities are not available (e.g. changing room, showers, etc), we can mark them as temporarily unavailable on your Hussle page and inform customers accordingly
How does it work?